6/30/10

Just a little bag


I just wanted share this little bag with you because I think it turned out pretty cute.
Yesterday I was invited to a birthday dinner for one of my good friends and because I always like to bring a little something I thought of this.
She is always going somewhere so I thought that a little bag for her special things would be something she could totally use! Cute and practical.

 I love all the ruffles and I think I'm starting to like this unfinished look more and more. I just cut some fabric scrapes I had in to strips and using purple thread (that's what was in the machine at the time and did I say I was hurrying?) I did a gathering stitch on each one.

I pinned them to the outside fabric BEFORE I sewed it all together and easy peesy it was done! Oh and most important tip for unfinished edges... Fray Stop spray. I got mine at Hancock Fabric because (can you believe this) Jo Anns doesn't sell it! NOPE and when I asked for it they had no idea what I was talking about. 

It is a must have for projects like this and so easy to use. I think it was a little more than I thought it would be, like $10 but I'm so glad I went ahead and bought it anyway.


The only bad thing about this bag....now I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment