6/17/10

KEEP CALM and .......

So I have been in love with these Keep Calm slogans for awhile now. I really don't know what it is about these signs but those words really do keep me calm. Weird?  
In case you don't know the story behind these delightful posters I will give you a little snipit, Here it goes....
In the spring of 1939 the war with Germany was on everyone's mind and the British Goverment's Ministry of Information commissioned a series of propaganda posters to be distributed throughout the country when the war broke out.
The posters were initially created to send a nice message from King George VI to reassure everyone that every measure was being taken to defend their country. The crazy thing is that the poster was never produced and was lost in time until 2000 when someone rediscovered it!  Now we get to benefit from these kind words everyday. 

I saw one of these signs on line and was so moved by the words Keep Calm and Carry On that I wrote it on the chalkboard in the kitchen and that is where they have stayed for over a year now. Many a days I have glanced up at that board in the midst of screaming bugs and thought, I can do that. I can be calm and clean up my third cup of spilled juice before 8am. I will carry on with the rest of the day and feel really good about it. Seriously it works! So the reason for this long winded post it that my birthday is in two weeks and what I really, really want is a new version of this poster for "my" room. The sewing room of course! 
The first poster had the words Keep Calm and Carry On on them, now there are so many more to chose from! Of course I want the sewing one and I wouldn't mind the running one.
I love it when you find something that just makes you happy and it's a very simple kind of happy. I like simple happy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Anissa. Coming soon from a post office near you.

    Love you,

    Matt, Steph and Brookie Bug!

    ReplyDelete