5/9/11

Race Day

This past Saturday I finished my 3rd half marathon!
I am so happy to be running again and the race was awesome! It is the best feeling to finish a race and see how strong you can be when you decide that you will do this. 
I always finish telling myself, "you are stronger than yesterday" I say it over and over in my head and it helps. It also was a huge bonus that this time I got to run the entire race with Brian. Granted he was ahead of me a few times but I always had him in my sight.  Even if I felt like a horse chasing a carrot on a stick, he kept me motivated to push myself a little harder than I probably would have if I were on my own. Unfortunately for him it wasn't his best time......I beat him by a second! Seriously, one teeny, tiny second! But for me it is shear victory because in our 11years together I have never beat him at anything! We tend to have a little healthy competition with each other.  But this time I am the winner and I have enjoyed reminding him of this repeatedly. 
We have another race in 2 weeks and I'm sure he will take the crown but for now, it's all mine!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is awesome. I just finished my first 1/2 marathon two weeks ago and it was more fun than I had expected. I will definitely do another one soon. Its funny the things we say to ourselves while running, mine is "go, go...g. o." haha, I might have been a cheerleader at some point :-) but it helps me keep my pace up! Dont tell anyone :-) I might try out your saying once mine gets old! Anyway, I just want to tell you congrats on finishing your 3rd race! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete